About Our School
West Fresno Elementary School has an enrollment of 800 students in Transitional Kindergarten through grade five. The school is located in the south-west section of Fresno, notably, one of the oldest elementary schools in the community. Its rich culture, longstanding traditions, and life-enriching experiences have created much academic success. The school continues to prove to be a highly competitive school in the county.
West Fresno Elementary School creates a passion for lifelong learning and empowers students to value self, others, and the world.
As a soaring Eagle, I pledge to be respectful, be responsible, and be safe. I am ready to learn, I will soar for more!
Principal Prince Marshall
West Fresno Educational Center
Dear West Fresno Educational Center Parents/Guardians,
It is with pleasure that we welcome you and your family to West Fresno Educational Center (WFEC)! It is the desire of our dedicated staff to create and maintain an exemplary learning environment for your child. Our comprehensive educational program is designed to support your child so that he/she achieves at high levels, both academically and socially.
At the core of our program are 5 areas of focus that represent our commitment to your child and our community: 1) School Climate, 2) Curriculum, 3) Student Well-being, 4) Personnel, and 5) Community Partnerships.
- WFEC provides a well-maintained, healthy, nurturing environment that is emotionally and physically safe, as well as, supportive for all members of our school community.
- Everyone within this learning community treats one another with respect and consideration.
- Individual effort and achievement are recognized and celebrated regularly.
- Common Core State Standards curriculum reflects rigorous, 21st Century content and instructional strategies.
- Instructional practices are research-based and employed to meet the diverse needs of all students including targeted intervention students, English Learners, as well as our advanced challenge students
- Academic progress is regularly monitored through informal teacher observation, curriculum assessments, and standardized tests.
- WFEC strives to engage responsible, productive students of character who are capable of adapting to a changing, diverse, technological world.
- Students take ownership of their learning by working with their teachers to set personal academic goals and monitor their progress toward reaching those goals.
- At WFEC, we consider the basic needs of our students, as a method to reach optimal student learning and well-being for the student.
- WFEC staff are committed to the school’s mission statement and values.
- The staff works as a collaborative and dedicated professional learning community.
- The staff is open and committed to professional development and honing our craft to be the best we can for our students and the community we serve.
- WFEC encourages and provides opportunities that actively involve family and community members.
- Parent educational opportunities will be available to enhance student success both academically and social-emotionally.
- Parents and staff communicate in order to provide meaningful information that is timely and accurate.
We wish your child a most happy and successful school year and look forward to this journey with you.